Event: The U.S. Embassy in Quito and the U.S. Consulate General in Guayaquil are pleased to announce that representatives from the Regional Federal Benefits Unit will visit Guayaquil, Cuenca, and Quito from December 5-9 to offer services for beneficiaries or individuals with questions regarding U.S. Social Security and other federal benefits.
Please note that appointments are required.
U.S. Consulate General, Calle Santa Ana y Av. José Rodríguez Bonin
For appointments at the U.S. Consulate General in Guayaquil, please note you will not be allowed to enter with bags, purses, or electronic devices, and there is no place for us to hold them for you.
Abraham Lincoln Center, Calle Borrero 5-18 y Honorato Vásquez
To schedule an appointment
Please email the Regional Federal Benefits Unit at FBU.Santo.Domingo@ssa.gov and write on the subject line: “APPOINTMENT SSA – Ecuador.”.
Please include your name, Social Security number, telephone, full residency address and service you require. You must bring both original and photocopies of all documents needed for the service (see below).
Required Documents for Federal Benefits Services
- Applying for Social Security Benefits
Bring originals and copies of the following for all applicants
- Birth certificate
- Passport, and
- If applying for auxiliary benefits or survivor’s benefits, marriage and/or death certificates.
- Social Security Number Card Application
Bring the following documents:
- Original and a copy of your valid U.S. passport
- Original and a copy of Certificate of Birth Abroad or birth certificate, and
- Completed form SS-5FS.
- Change of Address for Social Security
Bring your current passport
- Medicare Part B Enrollment/Cancellation
To learn more about the services offered by the Regional Federal Benefits Unit visit their website. The best way to reach the Regional Federal Benefits Unit is by email: FBU.Santo.Domingo@ssa.gov.