Date: June 27, 2022
Event: On June 25, the Government of Ecuador lifted the State of Emergency that had been in effect in the provinces of Chimborazo, Tungaruhua, Cotopaxi, Pichincha, Pastaza, and Imbabura. The Government also rescinded the curfew for the city of Quito. However, the situation across the country remains volatile and unpredictable. There are still reports of both ongoing and spontaneous demonstrations and roadblocks in several locations around the country, some of which have included violence. We continue to urge you to remain vigilant, closely monitor the situation for updates, avoid road travel, and remain in place.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid areas affected by demonstrations.
- Consult ECU911 information on latest road closures.
- Monitor local media for updates on affected areas.
- Avoid travel and remain in place.
- U.S. Embassy Quito, Ecuador
+(593)(2) 398-5000 (after hours)
- U.S. Consulate General Guayaquil, Ecuador
+(593)(4) 371-7000 (after hours)