Message for U.S. Citizens: Level 3 Travel Advisory
Date: March 29, 2022
Event: The Department of State downgraded its Travel Advisory for Ecuador on March 28 to Level 3: Reconsider Travel. While the Travel Advisory level has been downgraded, COVID-19 case counts in the country remain high. Before planning international travel, please review the Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s specific recommendations for vaccinated and unvaccinated travelers. Visit the Embassy’s COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 in Ecuador.
Please take the following actions:
- Review the Department of State’s Ecuador International Travel Information for detailed information related to travel to Ecuador, including safety and security.
- Follow all CDC health guidance for international travel.
- Monitor the U.S. Embassy COVID-19 page for updates.
- Enroll in the U.S. Department of State Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive important alerts and messages.
- U.S. Embassy Quito, Ecuador
+(593)(2) 398-5000 (after hours)
- U.S. Consulate General Guayaquil, Ecuador
+(593)(4) 371-7000 (after hours)