Date: April 26, 2022
Event: The Department of State downgraded its Travel Advisory for Ecuador on April 18 to Level 2 (Exercise Increased Caution). Separately, the regions of Carchi, Sucumbíos, the northern area of Esmeraldas province, and Guayaquil (south of Portete de Tarquí Avenue) are designated Level 4 (Do Not Travel) due to violent crime by transnational criminal organizations. U.S. government official travelers are restricted from traveling to the Level 4 regions.
Please take the following actions:
- Follow all CDC health guidance for international travel.
- Monitor the U.S. Embassy COVID-19 page for updates.
- Enroll in the U.S. Department of State Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive important alerts and messages.
- U.S. Embassy Quito, Ecuador
+(593)(2) 398-5000 (after hours)
- U.S. Consulate General Guayaquil, Ecuador
+(593)(4) 371-7000 (after hours)