U.S. Mission, Ecuador
Message for U.S. Citizens
Schedule Change for U.S. Passport Pick-Up and Appointment-Free Renewals for Adults (starting March 1st, 2018)
February 21, 2018
To better serve U.S. citizens in the Guayaquil consular district, the American Citizen Services Unit will institute new hours for U.S. passport pick-up and appointment-free renewals (form DS-82), beginning March 1, 2018. The service hours will be as follows:
U.S. passport pick-up
Monday to Thursday, from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Appointment-free U.S. passport renewal (form DS-82)
Tuesdays and Wednesdays, from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
U.S. citizen adults can make use of the appointment-free passport renewal process, using form DS-82, if your most-recent U.S. passport:
- is undamaged and can be submitted with your application;
- was issued when you were age 16 or older;
- was issued for 10 years’ validity;
- was issued within the last 15 years; and
- was issued in your current name.
U.S. citizens can also pick up their new passports at the Consulate General without an appointment at the times indicated above. DHL delivery service is available at an additional charge.
U.S. Consulate General Guayaquil
Avenida José Rodríguez Bonin and Calle Santa Ana, San Eduardo Sector
For additional information, please visit our website under Passport services.
For further information about security in Ecuador:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Ecuador Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler-Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Quito located at Ave. Avigiras E12-170 y Ave. Eloy Alfaro, at +(593)(2) 398-5000. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(593)(2) 398-5000.
- Contact the U.S. Consulate General in Guayaquil located at Santa Ana St. and Jose Rodriguez Bonin Ave., San Eduardo at +(593)(4) 371-7000. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(593)(4) 371-7000.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
Dialing instructions within Ecuador:
- Within the same city and from a land line use the last seven digits.
- For calls from a mobile phone and for intercity telephone calls add the city code preceded by a 0.
Dialing instructions from the United States:
- Add the 011 prefix for an international long distance line.