Health Alert – U. S. Embassy, Quito, Ecuador – March 24, 2020
Event: Additional Commercial Flights Available
The U.S. Embassy is working actively to facilitate return travel home. We are tracking a limited number of forthcoming flights for U.S. citizens to return to the United States – and are pushing hard for more. The U.S. Embassy website includes all the information we currently have for U.S. citizens wishing to depart Ecuador. Please visit the website often – several times each day – as we will update it with any new information.
We are aware that United Airlines has scheduled additional flights for Thursday, March 26 and Friday, March 27.
Please review the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website regarding current travel notices for Ecuador.
The Government of Ecuador has restricted movement throughout the country with very limited exceptions and imposed a daily, country-wide curfew from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. effective March 25, 2020. These restrictions can change at any time. U.S. citizens should comply with all local laws and monitor local news for any updates.
Actions to take:
- Click here for a message from the U.S. Ambassador to Ecuador.
- Check with airlines directly if you wish to depart Ecuador, or regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for up-to-date information on flight availability, conditions in Ecuador, and advice on how to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19.
- U.S. Embassy Quito, Ecuador
+(593)(2) 398-5000 (after hours)
- U.S. Consulate General Guayaquil, Ecuador
+(593)(4) 371-7000 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444