Health/Travel Alert: For Citizens Still Needing Assistance Departing Ecuador – U.S. Embassy Quito, Ecuador – March 28, 2020
Location: Ecuador (country-wide)
To date the U.S. Mission in Ecuador has helped facilitate the return of more than 2,400 U.S. citizens to the United States – fully one-quarter of those yesterday, March 27. However, we know there may be more U.S. citizens who still need urgent assistance returning home. If you still seek our assistance in returning to the United States, even if you have contacted us before, we ask that you please fill out this online questionnaire immediately for EACH member of your party so that we can continue to assist you. We ask that you fill in this quick questionnaire as soon as possible, preferably before noon tomorrow, Sunday, March 29.
The Embassy is aware of several flights with seats available from Quito and Guayaquil for U.S. citizens to return to the United States. These flights could fill at any time and there is no guarantee that future flights will be scheduled, so we urge those U.S. citizens wishing to depart to immediately book an available commercial flight or be prepared to remain in Ecuador for an indefinite period. For information regarding these options, please visit: https://ec.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information-ecu-2/.
- TAME flight departing from Quito to Fort Lauderdale on Sunday, March 29. Check the TAME website or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- LATAM is planning to operate a flight from Manta to Toronto on Sunday, March 29, to repatriate Canadian citizens. Check our website for additional information: https://ec.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information-ecu-2/
- Eastern Airlines flight from Guayaquil to Miami on Wednesday, April 1. Interested travelers should contact the airline directly at +1-855-216-7601, +1-877-971-0919, or +1-201-526-7616.
Please enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Embassy Quito security updates: https://step.state.gov/
Consult the Embassy’s website (https://ec.usembassy.gov/) for additional information on the situation in Ecuador and the Department of State’s COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
We are working hard to bring #AmericansHome
- U.S. Embassy Quito, Ecuador
+(593)(2) 398-5000 (after hours)
- U.S. Consulate General Guayaquil, Ecuador
+(593)(4) 371-7000 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Ecuador Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
- COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov
- CDC page on COVID-19
- Travel.state.gov Ecuador Country Information and Travel Advisory page