Health/Travel Alert: Assistance For U.S. Citizens In the Cuenca Region – U.S. Embassy Quito, Ecuador – March 31, 2020
Location: Ecuador (country-wide)
Event: Immediate Action: Last Scheduled Flight Wednesday, April 1.
The Embassy is aware of one flight from Guayaquil for U.S. citizens to return to the United States. There are no scheduled commercial flights after April 1. We urge U.S. citizens to immediately arrange for their travel to the United States unless they are prepared to remain in Ecuador for an indefinite period.
Flight Guayaquil to Miami Wednesday, April 1: Interested travelers should contact Eastern Airlines directly at +1-855-216-7601, +1-877-971-0919, or +1-201-526-7616 to reserve a seat on this flight.
Cuenca Region Travelers: For those traveling from the Cuenca (or Loja/Vilcabamba) region, the Embassy has arranged for bus transportation from Cuenca to Guayaquil the morning of Wednesday, April 1. Please reserve a seat with Eastern Airlines first. To be eligible for the bus transportation, you must have a confirmed reservation on the Eastern Airlines flight. Once you have a seat reserved for the flight, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for transportation from Cuenca. You may also call +593-9-9970-8893 between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm.
- Only credit card payments (cost is $40.00)
- Bring passport and copy
- Bring Eastern Airline ticket and copy
- Complete and bring Mobility Authorization which can be obtained here: https://ec.usembassy.gov/msg200325-01/
- Bring letter from Ambassador which can be obtained here: https://ec.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/38/Request-for-assistance.pdf
- Bring and wear a disposable face mask and gloves
- Allowed one checked bag (plus carry-on and backpack)
For further information, please coordinate directly with the transportation operator.
Please note that the flight may be rescheduled at the last minute and you should be prepared to spend time in Guayaquil prior to departure.
Please enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Embassy Quito security updates: https://step.state.gov/
Consult the Embassy’s website (https://ec.usembassy.gov/) for additional information on the situation in Ecuador and the Department of State’s COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
We are working hard to bring #AmericansHome
- U.S. Embassy Quito, Ecuador
+(593)(2) 398-5000 (after hours)
- U.S. Consulate General Guayaquil, Ecuador
+(593)(4) 371-7000 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Ecuador Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
- COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov
- CDC page on COVID-19
- Travel.state.gov Ecuador Country Information and Travel Advisory page