Available Commercial Flights Scheduled from Guayaquil and Quito to Florida on Friday, April 17
Bus Transportation Available to Guayaquil and Quito
U.S. Embassy Quito, Ecuador
April 15, 2020
Location: Ecuador (country-wide)
Event: Immediate Action: Commercial Flights Available Departing From Guayaquil and Quito on Friday, April 17
Bus Transportation Available from Cuenca to both Guayaquil and Quito and from Manta to Quito
LATAM Airlines scheduled a flight from Quito to Miami, FL, Friday, April 17. Metropolitan Touring is handling reservations for the charter; please contact them (not LATAM) directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. See below for transportation information if you are travelling from the Cuenca or Manta regions.
Tame Airlines scheduled a flight from Quito to Fort Lauderdale, FL, Friday, April 17. See Tame’s website for flight reservations https://www.tame.com.ec/index.php/en/. Related questions may be directed to email@example.com.
Eastern Airlines scheduled a flight from Guayaquil to Miami, FL, Friday, April 17. Contact Eastern Airlines directly for flight reservations +1-855-216-7601, +1-877-971-0919, or +1-201-526-7616 to reserve a seat on this flight. See below for transportation information if you are travelling from the Cuenca region.
These flights could fill at any time. There is no guarantee that any future flights will be scheduled. We urge U.S. citizens to immediately arrange for their travel to the United States unless they are prepared to remain in Ecuador for an indefinite period.
Bus Transportation to Guayaquil and Quito:
The Embassy has arranged bus transportation from Cuenca to both Guayaquil and Quito and from Manta to Quito in order to take the flights on Friday, April 17. Please reserve a seat with Eastern or LATAM first. To be eligible for the bus transportation, you must have a confirmed reservation on either the Eastern or the LATAM flight. Once you have a seat reserved for the flight, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for transportation from Cuenca or Manta. You may also call +593-9-9970-8893 between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm.
Bus Transportation Notes:
- Service will not be provided unless a minimum of 10 passengers reserve seats
- Only credit card payments are accepted
- Bring your passport and a copy of your passport
- Bring your Eastern/LATAM Airlines ticket and a copy of your ticket
- Complete and bring the Mobilization Authorization to facilitate your transit from Cuenca or Manta to Guayaquil or Quito. It can be obtained here: https://ec.usembassy.gov/msg200325-01/
- Bring the letter from Ambassador to supplement the Mobilization Authorization, which can be obtained here: https://ec.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/38/Request-for-assistance.pdf
- Bring and wear a disposable face mask and gloves
- Luggage is limited to one checked bag, one carry-on bag, and one personal item such as a backpack.
Transportation within Ecuador to either Quito or Guayaquil Airports:
- Due to the nationwide curfew and travel restrictions, please be sure to complete and take with you the Mobilization Authorization that permits travel throughout the country irrespective of curfew hours. Each passenger should have a “Mobilization Authorization.” Complete the document by following the instructions located here: https://ec.usembassy.gov/msg200325-01/
- Click here for a letter from U.S. Ambassador to Ecuador Michael J. Fitzpatrick that may assist with cross-provincial travel . Please note that the U.S. Embassy does not have confirmation from the Government of Ecuador that this document guarantees or grants special permissions for transit. The letter may be of use when presented in conjunction with the Mobilization Authorization, a U.S. passport, proof of a confirmed flight, and a “salvoconducto” for the driver of the vehicle if possible.
- Bring and wear a disposable face mask and gloves.
- U.S. citizens who wish to depart Ecuador should contact commercial airlines and bus operators directly.
- For further information, please coordinate directly with the transportation operator.
If you need financial assistance in returning to the United States, please consider several options:
- Your credit card company may be willing to temporarily raise your credit limit.
- Family or friends could send you money via Western Union.
- Family or friends can purchase an airline ticket and/or accommodations directly with a credit card.
- Alternatively, family or friends could send money through “OCS Trust,” a service offered by the Department of State. They can learn more under the U.S. Department of State section on Sending Money to Destitute U.S. Citizens Overseas webpage in travel.state.gov.
- Travelers may consider minimizing their expenses and moving to alternative lodging. If you need assistance with lodging in Ecuador, contact the Ministry of Tourism.
- If no options remain, contact the Embassy or Consulate (see contact information below)
For U.S. Citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents concerned about tax return filing deadlines, the Internal Revenue Service announced that the federal income tax filing due date is extended from April 15, 2020, to July 15, 2020. Taxpayers can also defer federal income tax payments due on April 15, 2020, to July 15, 2020, without penalties or interest, regardless of the amount owed. For more detailed information on the extension, please visit the IRS website (https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/tax-day-now-july-15-treasury-irs-extend-filing-deadline-and-federal-tax-payments-regardless-of-amount-owed).
Please enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Embassy Quito security updates: https://step.state.gov/
Consult the Embassy’s website (https://ec.usembassy.gov/) for additional information on the situation in Ecuador and the Department of State’s COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
We are working hard to bring #AmericansHome
- U.S. Embassy Quito, Ecuador
+(593)(2) 398-5000 (after hours)
- U.S. Consulate General Guayaquil, Ecuador
+(593)(4) 371-7000 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444