Commercial Flight Available from Guayaquil to Miami on Monday, April 27
Commercial Flight Available from Quito to Fort Lauderdale on Wednesday, April 29
Commercial Flight Available from Quito to Houston on Wednesday, April 29
Commercial Flight Available from Quito to Miami, Friday, May 1
Bus Transportation to Quito and Guayaquil Available
U.S. Embassy Quito, Ecuador
April 23, 2020
Location: Ecuador (country-wide)
Event: Immediate Action: Four commercial flights available from Guayaquil and Quito.
Eastern Airlines scheduled a flight from Guayaquil to Miami, FL, Monday, April 27. Contact Eastern Airlines directly for flight reservations +1-855-216-7601, +1-877-971-0919, or +1-201-526-7616 to reserve a seat on this flight. See below for transportation information if you are traveling from the Cuenca and Manta regions.
Tame Airlines scheduled a flight from Quito to Fort Lauderdale, FL, Wednesday, April 29. See Tame’s website for flight reservations https://www.tame.com.ec/index.php/en/. Related questions may be directed to email@example.com. See below for transportation information if you are traveling from the Cuenca and Manta regions.
United Airlines scheduled a flight from Quito to Houston, TX, Wednesday, April 29. Interested customers can contact United Airlines at VentasEcuador@united.com, via WhatsApp to +593-9-8461-7257, www.united.com or through any Travel Agency of preference for flight reservations. See below for transportation information if you are traveling from the Cuenca and Manta regions.
LATAM Airlines scheduled a flight from Quito to Miami, FL, Friday, May, 1. Metropolitan Touring is handling reservations for the charter; please contact them (not LATAM) directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. See below for transportation information if you are travelling from the Cuenca or Manta regions.
These flights could fill at any time. There is no guarantee that any future flights will be scheduled. We urge U.S. citizens to immediately arrange for their travel to the United States unless they are prepared to remain in Ecuador for an indefinite period.
Bus Transportation to Quito and Guayaquil:
The Embassy has arranged bus transportation from Cuenca and Manta to Quito and Guayaquil in order to take the flights. Buses for the Eastern Airlines flight will depart April 27; buses for the United flight will depart on April 29. Because the TAME flight on April 29 departs at 2:45am, buses for that flight will depart on April 28. Buses for the LATAM flight will depart on May 1. To be eligible for the bus transportation, you must have a confirmed reservation on the flight.
Once you have a seat reserved for the flight, contact email@example.com to arrange for transportation from Cuenca or Manta. You may also call +593-9-9970-8893 between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm.
- Service will not be provided unless a minimum of 10 passengers reserve seats
- Only credit card payments are accepted
- Bring your passport and a copy of your passport
- Bring your airline ticket and a copy
- Complete and bring the Mobilization Authorization to facilitate your transit from Cuenca or Manta to Quito or Guayaquil. It can be obtained here: https://ec.usembassy.gov/msg200423/
- Bring the letter from the Ambassador to supplement the Mobilization Authorization, which can be obtained here: https://ec.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/38/Request-for-assistance.pdf
- Bring and wear a disposable face mask and gloves
Transportation within Ecuador to either Quito or Guayaquil Airports:
- Due to the nationwide curfew and travel restrictions, please be sure to complete and take with you the Mobilization Authorization that permits travel throughout the country irrespective of curfew hours. Each passenger should following the instructions located here: https://ec.usembassy.gov/msg200423/ (includes information about salvoconducto for the person taking the foreigner to the airport).
- Click here, https://ec.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/38/Request-for-assistance.pdf, for a letter from U.S. Ambassador to Ecuador Michael J. Fitzpatrick that may assist with cross-provincial travel . Please note that the U.S. Embassy does not have confirmation from the Government of Ecuador that this document guarantees or grants special permissions for transit. The letter may be of use when presented in conjunction with the Mobilization Authorization, a U.S. passport, proof of a confirmed flight, and a “salvoconducto” for the driver of the vehicle if possible.
- Bring and wear a disposable face mask and gloves.
- U.S. citizens who wish to depart Ecuador should contact commercial airlines and bus operators directly.
- For further information, please coordinate directly with the transportation operator.
If you need financial assistance in returning to the United States, please consider several options:
- Your credit card company may be willing to temporarily raise your credit limit.
- Family or friends could send you money via Western Union.
- Family or friends can purchase an airline ticket and/or accommodations directly with a credit card.
- Alternatively, family or friends could send money through “OCS Trust,” a service offered by the Department of State. They can learn more under the U.S. Department of State section on Sending Money to Destitute U.S. Citizens Overseas webpage in travel.state.gov.
- Travelers may consider minimizing their expenses and moving to alternative lodging. If you need assistance with lodging in Ecuador, contact the Ministry of Tourism.
- If no options remain, contact the Embassy or Consulate (see contact information below)
Please enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Embassy Quito security updates: https://step.state.gov/.
Consult the Embassy’s website (https://ec.usembassy.gov/) for additional information on the situation in Ecuador and the Department of State’s COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
We are working hard to bring #AmericansHome
- U.S. Embassy Quito, Ecuador
+(593)(2) 398-5000 (after hours)
- U.S. Consulate General Guayaquil, Ecuador
+(593)(4) 371-7000 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444