The Ecuadorian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, under document # MREMH-DCP-2020-0302-N, dated April 23, 2020, has set in place a procedure and confirmed the use of specific forms and documentation for foreigners that need to get to different airports in order to return to their country.
Please see instructions and sample below.
- Fill out this AUTORIZACIÓN DE MOVILIDAD with the information for each U.S. citizen who will travel
- Sign the form (for minors, one of the parents can sign)
- E-mail the following items to email@example.com:
- The completed and signed form for each traveler
- Copy of the passport
- Copy of the airline ticket or confirmed reservation (the TICKET email we sent you)
You will not receive a response from this e-mail. However, the form is valid for 72 hours once you send the e-mail
- The person that is taking the traveler to the airport, may require a Salvoconducto. If so, it needs to be requested from the “Secretería Nacional de Gestión de Riesgos” website: https://encuestas.gestionderiesgos.gob.ec/index.php/525689?newtest=Y&lang=es, please follow the instructions on this website.
- U.S. Embassy Quito, Ecuador
+(593)(2) 398-5000 (after hours)
- U.S. Consulate General Guayaquil, Ecuador
+(593)(4) 371-7000 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Ecuador Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
- COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov
- CDC page on COVID-19
- Travel.state.gov Ecuador Country Information and Travel Advisory page