Travel Alert: Flights Available from Quito and Guayaquil
U.S. Embassy Quito, Ecuador
May 19, 2020
Location: Ecuador (country-wide)
Event: Flights Available from Quito and Guayaquil
Flight Information: The U.S. Embassy is aware of flight options for travel to the United States. These flights are operated by private airline companies and are open to all travelers with a travel document valid for entry into the United States, e.g., U.S. passport, U.S. visa, ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization), etc. Information about available flights is updated on the Embassy website: https://ec.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information-ecu-2/.
U.S. citizens and other travelers seeking to travel to or transit through the United States should contact the airlines or travel agencies directly. These flights could fill at any time. We urge travelers seeking to depart Ecuador to contact the airlines directly regarding any flights that may be scheduled in the future.
Transportation within Ecuador: Please see the Embassy website for additional information regarding travel within Ecuador, including options for bus transportation from Cuenca and Manta to Quito and Guayaquil.
Financial Assistance: If you need financial assistance in returning to the United States, please consider several options:
- Your credit card company may be willing to temporarily raise your credit limit.
- Family or friends could send you money via Western Union.
- Family or friends can purchase an airline ticket and/or accommodations directly with a credit card.
- Alternatively, family or friends could send money through “OCS Trust,” a service offered by the Department of State. They can learn more under the U.S. Department of State section on Sending Money to Destitute U.S. Citizens Overseas webpage in travel.state.gov.
- Travelers may consider minimizing their expenses and moving to alternative lodging. If you need assistance with lodging in Ecuador, contact the Ministry of Tourism.
- If no options remain, contact the Embassy or Consulate (see contact information below)
Additional Actions: Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Embassy Quito security updates: https://step.state.gov/.
We are working hard to bring #AmericansHome
Please contact the U.S. Department of State for general inquiries, questions about flights to the United States, and other non-emergency issues:
For questions regarding Legal Permanent Residents or visas, e-mail:
For emergency situations involving U.S. citizens, please use the contact information below:
- U.S. Embassy Quito, Ecuador
- U.S. Consulate General Guayaquil, Ecuador