Message for U.S. Citizens
Enroll in or update your information in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)
November 23, 2021
The U.S. Embassy in Quito and U.S. Consulate General in Guayaquil encourage all U.S. citizens visiting or living in Ecuador to enroll in STEP and keep their information updated. Please log in to your STEP account to verify that your profile, phone numbers, email address, travel dates, and location in Ecuador are up to date. If you are not able to make those changes yourself, you can reach out to us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, and we can make the update for you.
If you are visiting or living in Ecuador, and have not yet enrolled in STEP, we strongly encourage you to do so! STEP is a free service to allow U.S. citizens and nationals traveling and living abroad to enroll their trip with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate.
Benefits of Enrolling in STEP:
- Receive important information from the U.S. Embassy/Consulate about safety conditions in your destination country, helping you make informed decisions about your travel plans.
- Help the U.S. Embassy/Consulate contact you in an emergency, whether natural disaster, civil unrest, or family emergency.
- Help family and friends get in touch with you in an emergency.
Stay Informed, Stay Connected, Stay Safe!
- U.S. Embassy Quito, Ecuador
Ave. Avigiras E12-170 y Ave. Eloy Alfaro
- U.S. Consulate General Guayaquil, Ecuador
Santa Ana St. and Jose Rodriguez Bonin Ave., San Eduardo
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Ecuador Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter