Message for U.S. Citizens
Spread of COVID-19 Omicron Variant and Cruise Ship Travel Advisory Update
December 30, 2021
Date: December 30, 2021
Event: COVID-19 cases are increasing in Ecuador since the Omicron variant was first identified in country on December 14. The State Department Travel Advisory for Ecuador remains at Level 3 (Reconsider Travel) due to the high level of COVID-19 in the country. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) updated its worldwide Cruise Ship Travel Advisory to Level 4 (Avoid Travel) on December 30 due to an increase in cases onboard cruise ships since the identification of the Omicron variant.
Please take the following actions:
- Follow all CDC health guidance for international travel.
- Monitor the U.S. Embassy COVID-19 page for updates.
- Enroll in the U.S. Department of State Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive important alerts and messages.
- U.S. Embassy Quito, Ecuador
Ave. Avigiras E12-170 y Ave. Eloy Alfaro
- U.S. Consulate General Guayaquil, Ecuador
Santa Ana St. and Jose Rodriguez Bonin Ave., San Eduardo
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Ecuador Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter