Message for U.S. Citizens
New Entry Requirements and Travel Advisory Update
February 11, 2022
Date: February 11, 2022
Event: Ecuador updated its international air entry requirements on February 9. Travelers (ages 3 and older) must now present either a COVID-19 vaccination card showing the traveler received a complete series of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to entry, or proof of a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test taken no more than 72 hours prior to boarding the flight to Ecuador. Travelers are reminded that COVID-19 levels in Ecuador remain high and the State Department raised its Travel Advisory to Level 4 (Do Not Travel) on January 31.
Please take the following actions:
- Follow all CDC health guidance for international travel.
- Monitor the U.S. Embassy COVID-19 page for updates.
- Enroll in the U.S. Department of State Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive important alerts and messages.
- U.S. Embassy Quito, Ecuador
Ave. Avigiras E12-170 y Ave. Eloy Alfaro
- U.S. Consulate General Guayaquil, Ecuador
Santa Ana St. and Jose Rodriguez Bonin Ave., San Eduardo
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Ecuador Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter