Message for U.S. Citizens
Health Alert: Ecuador Reinstates Mask Requirement for Indoor Spaces
December 8, 2022
Event: Ecuador’s Emergency Operations Committee reinstated a nationwide mask requirement for indoor spaces effective December 8. Masks are now required in workplaces, public transport, classrooms, health facilities and for individuals with symptoms of respiratory disease. Masks are recommended in open spaces where social distancing is not practical. These requirements will be in place for at least fifteen days.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for COVID-19 guidance on international travel.
- Review the Embassy webpage for the latest information on COVID-19 in Ecuador.
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- U.S. Embassy Quito, Ecuador
Ave. Avigiras E12-170 y Ave. Eloy Alfaro
- U.S. Consulate General Guayaquil, Ecuador
Santa Ana St. and Jose Rodriguez Bonin Ave., San Eduardo
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Ecuador Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter