Did not receive your February Social Security payment?
If you did not receive your February payment, your benefits have been suspended because we did not receive your Foreign Enforcement Questionnaire.
To reinstate the benefits, you must take the following actions:
- If you receive payments in your own name, complete form SSA-7162 (PDF 1.2Mb).
- If you receive payments through a representative payee or are a representative payee, complete form SSA-7161 (PDF 548Kb).
- Make sure to include:
- Social Security Number
- Address (Including City, Province and zip code)
- Signature (Note: we cannot accept digital or electronic signatures)
The Social Security Administration cannot accept this document by email or fax, you will need to send the original document physically (no copies) to the following address:
US EMBASSY SANTO DOMINGO
Unidad de Beneficios Federales (FBU)
Av. República de Colombia #57
Código postal 10505
The Federal Benefits Unit in Santo Domingo cannot confirm your questionnaire was received and will not respond to inquiries requesting confirmation. You will need to verify the delivery status with the tracking number provided by your shipping company. After we receive your form, benefits will be reinstated in approximately 7 business days.
You may send the required documentation using any method or courier service. It is highly recommended that you use a courier service that provides a tracking number. DHL has an agreement with the American Citizen Services section and is aware of this procedure. If you would like to contact DHL, you can send an e-mail to email@example.com or via WhatsApp to +593-9-9939-1700.
Do not send a Foreign Enforcement Questionnaire if:
- Your SSN ends 00 to 49, and
- You are under 90 years of age, and
- You are receiving benefits on your own.
If the above conditions apply to you, a form will be mailed to you between June and July 2024 with different instructions.
If you meet the requirements for a questionnaire, but your official address on record is in the United States, you may disregard this message.