Location: Guayaquil, Ecuador
Event: There has been a recent increase in violent crime in the southern region of Guayaquil, including multiple targeted assassinations and attempted assassinations against port employees. The U.S. Embassy has directed official personnel traveling to the port to take additional security measures when in the vicinity.
Actions to Take
- Exercise caution if transiting or visiting the southern part of Guayaquil.
- Consider alternate routes or travel plans.
- Maintain increased vigilance.
- Monitor local media for updates on security information.
- U.S. Consulate General Guayaquil, Ecuador
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Ecuador Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter