Child and Family Matters

This section provides an overview of several services regarding Child and Family Matters:

Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA)
If you are a U.S. Citizen, or will be by the time your child is born, you may be eligible to transmit your U.S. citizenship to your child if he is born outside the U.S.  Please review the information under this section very thoroughly since the lack of knowledge of the process and the requirements may turn this very simple process in a lengthy one.

International Child Support Enforcement
Infromation about how to collect child support orders in Ecuador or in the United States.

International Parental Child Abduction
If your child is a U.S. citizen and one of the parents have taken the child outside the U.S. without your permission, you can start a process of a possible International Parental Child Abduction.  Know your rights, know what you can and can’t do and expect from this process.

If you are interested in adopting a child and want to know general information about the process, please review this section.