Returning Resident Visa

A permanent resident (called lawful permanent resident or LPR) or conditional resident (CR) who has remained outside the United States for longer than one year, or beyond the validity period of a Re-entry Permit, will require a new immigrant visa to enter the United States and resume permanent residence. You can learn more about Returning Resident Visas on

You can make an appointment to apply for a Returning Resident visa online or through our Call Center at (04) 259-6800 in Ecuador, or at 703-249-4669 in the United States.