NIV Test

The purpose of your intended travel and other facts will determine what type of visa is required under U.S. law. This site will help you understand the different types of non-immigrant visas and how you can apply. As a visa applicant, you will need to establish that you meet all requirements to receive the category of visa for which you are applying.

The following are the most common non-immigrant visa categories:

  • Business & Tourism (B1/B2)
  • Transit (C)
  • Crew Members (C1/D)
  • Student Visas (F and M)
  • Exchange Visas (J)
  • Petition-Based Employment (H, L, O, P, Q)
  • Religious Workers (R)
  • Domestic Employees (B-1)
  • Diplomats and Officials (A and G)
  • Investors (E-2)
  • Media and Journalists (I)
  • Victims of Human Trafficking (T) and Victims of Criminal Activity (U)

For information about other visa categories, see this Directory of Visa Categories.