If you have an urgent need to travel to the United States due to an emergency, please review the criteria for expedited appointments below. If you feel that your circumstances fall within the listed situations, you may request an expedited appointment through the appointment system at the Global Support Services (GSS) website. You may be asked to provide supporting documentation.
The following situations may qualify for expedited appointments or as emergencies:
- Medical emergency; a written note from the attending physician indicating the specific nature of the emergency must be provided. The note must include the physician’s contact information.
- Death of an immediate family member; a written note or report from a competent authority in the U.S., indicating where and when the death occurred must be provided.
- Business emergency, defined as an event that could not be foreseen, and does not generally include conference travel; a letter on company letterhead explaining the urgent and last-minute nature of the travel must be provided.
- Students, where the required I-20 or DS-2019 was delayed; the approval date of the I-20 or DS-2019 must reflect this delay.
- Citizens of Visa Waiver Countries whose passport was lost or stolen while visiting Ecuador.