Lost and Stolen Passports

If your passport with a valid or expired U.S. visa is lost or stolen, please report the incident immediately to the Embassy or Consulate that is closest to your residence.  Include a copy of your identity card, a telephone number in case we need to contact you, and a copy of the police report if you have one.  Please send this information to NIVGuayaquil@state.gov (for Guayaquil) or FraudeQuito@state.gov (for Quito).

Please note that once your passport is reported stolen or lost, the visa will be electronically cancelled, which means that it cannot again be used to travel to the United States.  This is important because if your visa is used fraudulently, it can cause difficulties for future visa applications.

If you want to obtain another visa, please apply as if you are applying for the first time.  On the day of your interview, you should bring a copy of the police report if you have not already reported it to the Embassy or Consulate, and an original migratory report from the Ecuadorian government,